JapanTravel.com, which used to be known as JapanTourist.jp, is now produced by Japan Travel K.K., and references to JapanTravel.com, JapanTourist.jp or Japan Travel K.K. shall in general be interchangeable.
- This policy covers how JapanTravel.com treats personal information that it collects and receives, including information related to your past use of JapanTravel.com, present and future use of JapanTravel.com, and its services. Personal information means information about you which personally identifies you, like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and other data which is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to possible partners or clients of JapanTravel.com, which JapanTravel.com does not own or control, nor does it apply to the conduct of people that JapanTravel.com does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- JapanTravel.com collects personal information when you register with JapanTravel.com, use other functionality, or enter campaigns and promotions. JapanTravel.com may combine information about you with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- Any voluntary information you provide through online surveys and/or site registrations may be stored, analyzed, and used for marketing purposes and to improve the way we do business with our current and potential clients and readers. All customer information collected by JapanTravel.com will be treated with the utmost care and will not be divulged to anyone without your permission.
- When you register we may ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, personal interests and other data. Once you register with JapanTravel.com and sign in to our services, you are no longer anonymous to us.
- JapanTravel.com may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, JapanTravel.com cookie information, and the page(s) you request.
- JapanTravel.com uses customer information for the following general purposes: i) to customize the advertising and content you see, ii) to fulfill your requests for products and services, iii) to improve our services, iv) to contact you, v) to conduct research, and vi) to provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Unless stated otherwise, JapanTravel.com does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested or under the following circumstances:
- We may provide information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with JapanTravel.com under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help JapanTravel.com communicate to you offers from JapanTravel.com and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- Where we are required by law, such as in a criminal or civil investigation or other legal proceedings, to divulge such information to the authorities.
- JapanTravel.com may set and access JapanTravel.com cookies on your computer.
Your Ability to Change Your Account Information
- You can edit your JapanTravel.com Account Information at any time.
- If you have subscribed to a service or newsletter, you can unsubscribe by following the instructions either provided on this website or sent to you by email.
- We reserve the right to send you on an opt-out basis certain communications relating to the JapanTravel.com service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and JapanTravel.com newsletters, that are considered part of your JapanTravel.com membership.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with governmental regulations to protect personal information about you.
- JapanTravel.com may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your JapanTravel.com account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.