The average high temperature in Shirakawa-go is around 3 to 6°C between December and February; the average low temperature is -2 to -5°C during the same period.
Oh, my god!! The deepest snow recorded 198 cm in February 2017. (Source: Japan Meteorological Agency)
Please be reminded that wearing the appropriate coats, clothes, knit cap and shoes to go to the freezing place!
A pair of waterproof snow boot is a must item when you walk on the snow.
Instead of the boots of Timberland or Palladium, there are many choice, like ABC MART or another chain-shoes-store in Japan.
Tourists could buy one when visit Japan. And also you could use the crampons to avoid a slip and fall on ice.
- KIX to Kyoto? Worth visiting Shirakawago? JR Pass?
- What are some day trips in and around Sapporo during the summer time?
- What are some ways to cool down during the summer while traveling?
- Which city in Hokkaido is more exciting: Sapporo or Hakodate?
- What to do in Tokyo for free?