JapanTravel's 2017 #ShareTheSakura Contest
Share shots of cherry blossoms and win big prizes
Traveling in Japan this spring and can’t wait for the cherry blossoms? Share the sakura! Share the love! Share your photos/video of 2017 sakura blossoms with JapanTravel.com to win a weekend getaway in Tokyo and more! Contest starts from now through May 5.
Call for Photos/Video
JapanTravel.com invites you to submit your shots via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram of this year’s blooms for its second annual #ShareTheSakura contest. By encouraging site members and SNS followers to contribute, JapanTravel aims to show the world the magic of "sakura," or cherry blossoms, while showcasing your photos/videos on social media and our site.
How To Share
Simply share your photos/videos with us via one (or all!) of our SNS. We’ll re-post the best ones, but all will be considered for prizes/rewards. (Check out last year's winners.)
- Twitter: Tag your posts with #ShareTheSakura, and write or tag location. Example: #ShareTheSakura at Yoyogi Park.
- Instagram: Tag your posts with #ShareTheSakura, and write or tag location.
- Facebook: Contribute through our special contest page here.
Follow our FB page (@sharethesakura) for updates and re-posts, as well as our main page (@japantravelcom)
Rewards and Prizes
- Grand prize: 1 lucky winner will receive a weekend getaway: A 2-night hotel stay in Tokyo for up to 2 people** (Worth more than 35,000 yen)
- Top prize: 3 other lucky winners will receive a JPY 5,000 Amazon.jp gift card
- Exposure: Get international exposure via our social media, with followers from around the globe. Last year's contest had several "unicorn" posts that went viral after we re-posted them.
- Recognition: Have a chance to be featured and accredited in JapanTravel’s “Best of 2017 Share The Sakura” photo gallery.
- Rewards: Comment below for a chance to win JapanTravel.com Rewards points redeemable at any time.
**Many of our contributors live outside of Japan, so we will be happy to provide a gift certificate rather than a hotel stay in that case.
Comment, Share and Win (right now!)
Share the sakura love right now: Share this article on Facebook (using the share button above), then comment on this article, and tell us where you would love to see cherry blossoms in Japan!
We will select one lucky winner to receive 2,000 JapanTravel Rewards points (value of JPY 2,000), which are redeemable for in our Rewards Store and can easily buy hotel rooms and more.
Comment below by logging in. If you are not yet a member, sign up here (it takes less than a minute and it's free), and then make a comment!
Images/Videos should be…
- Your own. It should be shot by you!
- Current from 2017. Please do not reuse photos from year’s past. (We will be checking to ensure the authenticity of the photos/videos and that they are current.)
- Real. Please don’t use heavy filters/doctored photos. (We know it’s tempting, but please leave the photos as natural as possible with minimal editing.)
- From Japan. (Only posts from Japan will be accepted.)
- How many? Submit as many photos/videos as you like.
- Video length? Can be from 5 seconds to 5 minutes. But remember, videos 1:30 seconds or less get more views on social media.
- What to shoot? Photos that focus on the landscape scenery or close-up shots of cherry blossoms are encouraged, but we wouldn’t mind seeing a selfie or two at a hanami party, for example.
- You do not need to be present in Japan to win. We encourage our international traveler community to participate.