We are offer divided into degree of difficulty in three courses of "Matsu (pine)" , "Take (bamboo), and "Ume (plum)" by taking advantage of seasonal ingredients.
All courses have in English recipes and the souvenir that it is easy to practice at home.
- All courses has recipe and souvenir
- Some courses can be provided for vegetarian. Please ask if you have a request.
*Souvenir: Recipe with English commentary
◆Couse and Menu
Here are a few example of main dishes of each course.
[Plum –UME- 2 hours]
1 main dish
Ex - Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake), Oyako-don (chicken and egg), Nori-maki (sushi hand roll), Maki-zushi (sushi roll), Udon
[Bamboo –TAKE- 3 hours]
1 soup and three dishes (1 main dish / 2 side dishes / 1 miso soup / multi grain rice) or Hot pot
Ex – Saba no Miso-ni (boiled mackerel with miso flavor) , Shouga-yaki (ginger pork), Sukiyaki
◆Marimo is a professional cook.
She proposes a simple and healthy vegetables abundance of home cooking by taking advantage of seasonal ingredients. Her recipes, based on Japanese home cooking with seasonal, are full of her original ideas and are loved by many people of all generations. She is an expert in medicinal cooking for home and recipe creator who teaches all kinds of Japanese cuisine in English at her salon in Aoyama.
She also runs as private chef, catering, food styling for TV-show, CM and magazine. She published her first recipe book "Kurashino-koyomi" in 2013.
Through all her activities, she has been trying to show how to enjoy life and to make family life happy with homemade cooking.
She inspired from the father who had experienced at embassy chef at a time in the past. As she grew up watching carefully her grandmother cooking since she was young, she acquired cooking skills naturally. She studied not only Japanese food, many worlds’ cuisines to get to understand and know the differences from Japanese food.
- Professional Cooking instructor
- Food Coordinator (Magazine, CM, TV-show and so on)
- Expert in medicinal cooking for home (based on traditional Chinese medicine)
- Food Education Instructor
- A foodie and foodies traveler
Price per person:
Plum course: 12,000 yen / Bamboo course: 15,000 yen
* Under 16 years old is half price. Children younger than 5 years of age are free of charge.
* If you have the food to which you are allergic, you must tell us before you make a reservation.
* Some course can be provided for vegetarian.
* We can arrange for private lesson from 50,000 yen per person.
Please ask us for any request.
◆Cooking Class Open days *Closed: every Wednesday
Mon-Tue-Thu-Fri: Morning class/ Afternoon class
Sat-Sun-Holiday: Afternoon class only
1st Oct 2015 - 31st Dec 2016