Visitors to Chiba City can enjoy more than 40 new shops and food stalls after the JR Chiba Station remodel opened at the end of November. Among the new highlights are ramen shops, a drugs store, traditional sushi shops, coffee shops, cafes and a huge Perie market and shopping area in the middle of all of it.
The Perie market area houses everything from an extensive wine and alcohol selection to fresh fish and meat to vegetables and other produce, plus omiyage (traditional Japanese gifts), tempura, sweets, and many other foods.
Below, I picked some of the new shops in Chiba Station.
Shop and Market List
- Korokuya - Fruit and hors d'oeuvre
- Takagi Foods - Market
- Paopao - Dumplings, etc.
- Omusubisenka - Onigiri
- Tonkatsu Maisen - Tonkatsu
- Hanamaru Dining Select - Bento
- Salutaria - Juice shop
- Matsumoto Kiyoshi - Drug store
- Peter Pan Jr. - Bakery
- Drip Mania - Drip coffee and sweets
- Newdays - Convenience store
- Sabot - Soba and noodles dishes
- Ginza Cozy Corner - Gifts
- Irina - Sweets
- Funabashiya - Cakes and sweets
- Tokyo Rusk - Omiyage items
- Bobby Juchheim - Omiyage items
- Kakuchi - Garrett Popcorn shop
- The Cows Stand - Frozen yogurt/creamery
- Toyama Flower Market - Flower shop
- Unau Cafe and Kitchen - Coffee shop
- Artisan in Chiba - Artisan foods, etc.
- Common Cafe - Cafe (western food)
For more information about the remodel and shops, check out my news article.