Internet connection is one typical problem that you may encounter when you travel in Japan. Even though Wi-Fi hotspots have increased in recent years, you may still wonder if you can get more stable internet connection for free. While various writers have already offered information on internet hot spots in Japan, I would like to introduce to you a new place that you can take a rest and enjoy various services including free internet, free domestic/international calls, luggage storage and so on.
Unique Tourist Information Centre near Tokyo Station
Travel Hub Mix, operated by Pasona Inc., is located in Otemachi, Tokyo. It is just a 5-minute walk from Tokyo station. When you visit this place, the staff will give you a big welcome and a short tour of the place. The following is a list of the services offered:
- Getting free Wi-Fi access
- Using mac desktops for free
- Reading books related to various fields such as Japanese food, culture, beauty, lifestyles, and nature
- Enjoying domestic/international calls for free
- Using Google earth with a huge screen
- Trying VR (virtual reality) for free
- Storing your luggage (through ecbo cloak: you need preregistration for this service -> https://cloak.ecbo.io/en/space/tokyo/ARE15/SUB1501/ytl1Pu7I?booked_from_date=undefined&booked_to_date=undefined&booked_from_time=undefined&booked_to_time=undefined)
- Attending events related to travel, food, and culture that may take place on the day of your visit (Please check the site and use google translation at the top right corner to get details -> https://travelhubmix.dg-1.jp/ )
Lastly, you might find this article by searching how to get free internet near Tokyo station, but I really would like you to have a conversation with the staff. Most of them are actually undergraduate or master students and have traveled abroad themselves. It must be a great opportunity for you to get to know college students in Japan!
Travel Hub Mix, the tourist information centre, is open from Monday - Saturday from 10:00a.m. - 6:00p.m. You can stay there however long you want to stay during opening hours :)