Greenpark Fukiware is a forested campsite by the river at the foot of a hill. It is located near the Fukiware falls in Numata, Gunma. The geography and set up of the camping grounds make it suitable for camping all year round. Spring brings the cherry blossoms. In summer you can play in the river. Meanwhile, in Autumn, the campsite is vibrant with colorful leaves. Finally, in winter, you can play in the snow. The campsite has been around for years, but winter camping was only introduced last year, 2020.
If you are visiting the Fukiware falls and would like to stay somewhere nearby, Greenpark is worth considering. If you don’t have your own tent, they can provide you with one and all the equipment you need for a night of camping. Plus if you book one of their pizza workshops, that’s your dinner sorted. They also have a small cafe that sells beverages and snacks!
The riverside campsite has a nice mix of new and old. It feels more like wild camping than other sites we have stayed at, despite having some nice extras. You can also do a day camp or barbecue at Greenpark. Equipment is available for rent, and you can use the river and facilities. If you are staying overnight, there are two different accommodation choices:
- Tent camping
- Bring your own tent and supplies or
- Rent all equipment and a Coleman tent from Greenpark
- There are sites with electricity and sites without. They have sites along the river or sites in fields or the forest.
- Cabins for up to four adults (or five with children) with air conditioning
The Kuribara river that runs by the campsite is relatively small and quite shallow with clear, clean, fresh water. The part near the main management facility is only ankle high. There are steps down to it, with a little pebble beach along the side. The river has some small fish in it and we saw river crabs too. The cabins and one of the tent sites is along the river.
Summary of facilities / services / extras
- Early check in at 1 pm
- Check out at 11 am
- Sites with electricity available (at an extra charge)
- Cabins with air conditioning / heating
- Some playground equipment suited to older children and adults (zip line type)
- Tree house for kids of all ages
- Sparklers (handheld fireworks) permitted
- Snow play in winter and relatively close to ski resorts
- River play in summer – clean, clear water
- Apple picking nearby in Autumn
- Camping under sakura in spring
- Pizza making classes
- Small cafe on site
- No lights at some of the sites, but the walkways and toilets have sensor lights
- The sinks for cleaning up have hot water
- There’s a washing machine in the toilets
- You can leave your rubbish at a dedicated area in the campsite (except for aluminum cans which you need to bring home)
- Fukiware falls nearby