The importance of sustainable travel has been in the spotlight in recent years, and traveling light is just one way to contribute to this. From helping reduce carbon emissions to minimizing resource consumption, being mindful of what you pack has a host of benefits.
Japan Airlines (JAL) are doing their part to assist this with a unique initiative called Any Wear, Anywhere, which allows their Japan-bound passengers to rent clothes for their business or leisure travels.
The service is open for travelers visiting Japan up until August 31st 2024, and the end-to-end process has five steps:
- Make a reservation online. The clothing categories are broken down into four subsections:
- Women's, men's and kids' clothing
- Season (summer, winter, or spring/autumn)
- The number of clothes required – either basic (3-4 tops and 2 bottoms) or variety (5-6 tops and 3 bottoms)
- The occasion (casual, smart casual, or a mix)
*You will need to provide your hotel address and your JAL reference number after making reservation at least one week prior to the date you want to receive the clothes.
- Fly to Japan!
- Receive your rental clothes at your accommodation – shipping is included in the rental price.
- Enjoy your Japan travels in your borrowed, sustainable threads!
- Return your clothes via your hotel or at the airport.
There are a few additional things to note if you plan on utilizing the service. Reservations need to be made at least two weeks in advance, and you're able to keep the clothing you've borrowed for up to four weeks – if you pay an additional charge. If you have any issues finding your size on the drop-down menu when making selections, the team can be contacted online to see if they can accommodate what you require.